NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS COMPETITION.
You must meet deadlines and the following criteria.
CONTENT CREATORS are defined as the original writer(s) for music, video, or written content.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE ATLANTA METRO AREA (OTP AND ITP) WHO ARE 21 YEARS OLD OR OLDER AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY.
EXCEPTION, PROJECTS FILMED IN ATLANTA WITH AT LEAST 3 CAST AND CREW AS ATLANTA METRO RESIDENTS MAY ENTER.
By entering this Competition, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these rules may, at Sponsor’s discretion, result in disqualification. All decisions of the judges regarding this Competition are final and binding in all respects.
1. COMPETITION PERIOD. Competition begins 12:00 NOON ET April 27, 2017, and ends 11:59 P.M. ET June 1, 2017 for written content, and 11:59 P.M. ET June 15, 2017 for video content, when all entries must be received (“Competition Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY. This Competition is only open to legal residents of the Atlanta Metro Area (OTP and ITP) 21 years old or older as of the date of entry, except officers, directors, and employees of the Sponsor, Bridge 17 Scriptwriters’ Studio, LLC, the judging organization (if applicable), or any other party associated with the development or administration of this Competition, and the immediate family (i.e., parents, children, siblings, spouse) of, and persons residing in the same household as, such individuals. This Competition is void outside the Atlanta Metro Area, and where prohibited. Exception, projects filmed in Atlanta Metro Area with at least 3 cast and/or crew are Atlanta Metro residents may enter.
3. HOW TO ENTER. Visit www.contentcreatorsofatlanta.com during the Competition Period and follow the instructions to complete and submit the entry form.
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. All entries will be judged on or about June 20, 2017 (the “Judging Date”), by a panel of judges composed of Bridge 17 Scriptwriters’ Studio, LLC’s AZ Yeamen and film industry leaders. The judges will score entries based on the following criteria: production quality (20%), originality (25%), representation of the concept/theme (30%), and voice (20%). The five (5) entries with highest overall scores in each category will be declared the potential winners (in the event of a tie, the entry with the higher score in the representation of the concept/theme criterion will prevail). Bridge 17 Scriptwriters’ Studio, LLC shall have the final and binding authority, within their sole and absolute discretion, from among the Finalists, to select the five (5) winners of each category based on the Finalists’ satisfaction of the Judging criteria. Any potential winner will be notified by mail, e-mail and/or telephone. If a potential winner: (i) cannot be contacted; (ii) does not respond within five (5) days from the date the Sponsor first tries to notify him/her; (iii) fails to return the Affidavit and Release as specified in Rule 7; (iv) the notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits all rights to win the Competition, and an alternate potential winner may be selected. Upon contacting a potential winner and determining that he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the Competition, including without limitation the execution of required waivers, publicity, and liability releases and disclaimers, such individual will be declared the “winner” of the Competition.
5. OWNERSHIP AND LICENSE. All entry materials become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. The copyright in any Submission shall remain the property of the entrant, but entry into this Competition constitutes entrant’s irrevocable and perpetual permission and consent, without further compensation, with or without attribution, to use, reproduce, print, or display such Submission, and the entrant’s name and/or likeness, for any purpose, including but not limited to editorial, advertising, trade, commercial, and publicity purposes by the Sponsor, The Screening Room, and/or others authorized by the Sponsor, in any and all media now in existence or hereinafter created, throughout the world, for the duration or the copyright in the Submission.
6. CONSENT AND RELEASE. By entering the Competition, each Entrant releases and discharges the Sponsor, Bridge 17 Scriptwriters’ Studio, LLC, judging organization (if applicable), and any other party associated with the development or administration of this Competition, including but not limited to each prize provider, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors, and assigns (collectively, “Sponsor Entities”), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Competition, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, “Claims”). Except where prohibited: (i) entry into the Competition constitutes the consent of each Entrant, without further compensation, to use his/her name, likeness, biographical data, contact information, and his/her Submission for editorial, advertising, marketing, publicity, and administrative purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor; (ii) acceptance of a award constitutes a release by any winner of the Sponsor Entities of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Competition and the use, misuse, or possession of his/her Submission or any prize; (iii) any potential winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (including Social Security number) and a liability/publicity/copyright release; and (iv) if prize involves travel or activities, any potential winner and travel companion (if applicable) may be required to execute releases of the Sponsor from any and all liability with respect to participation in such travel/activities and/or use of the prize. Fully executed affidavits and releases must be received by Sponsor within five (5) days from the date that Sponsor first tries to notify the potential winner. Sponsor may conduct a background check to confirm any potential winner’s eligibility and compliance with these rules. By entering, you agree to cooperate reasonably with any such background check. If the prize includes participation in any public event(s) or publicity, or if Sponsor Entities intend to publicize the winner in any way, and if a background check reveals that a potential winner has engaged in conduct that could damage the reputation or business of any Sponsor Entity, as determined by Sponsor in its discretion, the potential winner may be disqualified and the award may be granted to an alternate winner. If winner is deemed to be a minor under the jurisdiction of his/her residence, the prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, who must execute the necessary affidavit and release and, if applicable, must accompany winner on the trip (no additional travel expenses will be awarded should a parent or legal guardian be required to accompany the winner on the trip).
7. DISCLAIMERS. (i) Sponsor not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at Sponsor’s servers or elsewhere. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. (ii) Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the web site or otherwise attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition. Use of bots or other automated process to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Sponsor. (iii) Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate, or modify the Competition if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure, or technical failures of any sort. (iv) Sponsor Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Competition, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution, or production errors, and may cancel, terminate, or modify this Competition based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. In no event will Sponsor be responsible for awarding more than the number of prizes specified in these rules. (v) In the event this Competition is cancelled or terminated, pursuant to subparagraph (iii) or (iv), Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to select a winner from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. (vi) SPONSOR ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS COMPETITION OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. (vii) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS COMPETITION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
8. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Competition is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. If any court of law, having the jurisdiction to decide on this matter, rules that any provision of these Official Rules is invalid or unenforceable, then that provision will be removed from the Official Rules, and the remaining provisions of these Official Rules will remain in full force and effect. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Georgia, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Competition will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in Atlanta, Georgia. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of Georgia and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Georgia. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Competition and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental, and/or consequential damages.
9. SPONSORSHIP. This Competition is sponsored by Bridge 17 Scriptwriters’ Studio, LLC (the “Sponsor”).